Wednesday, October 6, 2010

A Childhood Of Mischief

As a young man I grew in stature, not always spiritually but mostly mischievously. My mind was often caught up to new adventures or big ideas. It seemed trouble followed me throughout my younger years, and now looking back on it has trailed into my adult life ever so often. The purpose of this Post is to educate an individual on the troublesome events of my life.(Disclaimer: Warning these stories might not be completely true, they are going strictly off my memory, which is known to exaggerate, and not to be accurate since brain surgery, but enjoy!"

Event #1: BAT in Sisters Head
This story somewhat has something to do with the great sport of baseball..(You will see a theme here shortly.) One day I was happy about having my own Baseball BAT i went down the street to hang out with all my friends. While sitting outside my friends house I was practicing swinging my baseball bat! Remember i was a chubby little kid, hence a big hitter. (Kiddding about the big hitter part.) While I was thus practicing my baseball swing my sister came over the area where I was swing my bat. I warned her to move or she was going to get nailed by y baseball bat.. And of course little sisters never listen so within the next couple swings she walked behind me when i was singing and off came her head! Well not really but there formed an unusually large goose-egg on her head. Of course what happened next? What all little sisters do best, my little sister cait went home crying to mom and of course made it sound intentional that i just almost Batted her head off with my bat. Everyone knows what came next.. Yup i am in trouble.. my Bat is taken away and I am grounded. How exciting right? (Cait I Love you.. but note to self, i am wrecless with a BAt so when I say move, I mean MOVE sista! P.S, sorry about that HUGE goose-egg!)

Event #2: My First Broken Window (... no worries mom and dad, many more to come!)
I was never very good at baseball, which is apparent from the following story. My older Brother Tyler was a good Baseball player back in the day and my dad coached his teams.. so when i became of age my dad took me down to the city peanut league sign-ups. How exciting right? I played on a team called "the Sharks" what a name right? Well to make a long story short.. one day I was out in the hard trying to magnify my new hobby and was throwing the ball around the yard.. Before I know it the ball had left my hand and went straight threw the front left window of our house on Rock Ct. My mind was struck with horror, the only word that went through my head was, "BUSTED". So i ran in side the house yelling "I am BUSTED! I am BUSTED!" And so I was, but it was an honest simple mistake this time...

Event #3: "Great BALLZ of Fire!"
I definately have My older brother Tyler and his friends to blame for this epic event. I Became a pyro at a young age thanks to Tyler. One day Tyler and his buddy came up with an absolutely brilliant idea. The idea was this, take tennis balls, cut a slit in them and fill them with gas. Once this step was complete dowse a paper wick in gas and shove it in the slit. Now this harmful ball of disaster is ready to ride all you need is to light it up. (This invention is cool because when you kick this ball of fire down the street it leaves streaks off fire on the blacktop like back to the future!) So my brother, and his friend and I head down to a construction area behind our house and light this little trick on fire. Of course, being the genius young man we are, and following the goodly example of my older brother, played kick ball with this ball of fire. All went well tell my brother's buddy kicked the flaming ball in the air and it lands on the bear skin of my leg, melting away my pasty white flesh. This is a bad ending to a good story! I love you Tyler thanks for teaching me to play with fire.

Event #4: FLAMES, SMOKE, AND SHEETS
If you remember, I became a pyro thanks to m older brother Tyler.. He was 18 at the time and could by me cool knives, and better yet cool lighters, not just any lighters but butane torches! Got to love it! ONe morning I woke up, LAying in bed before school grabbed the lighter off my shelf while laying in bed. Enjoying watching my cool lighter, which would light up like a colorful strobe light, I flicked my new torch lighter on and off. IF you dont know much about a butane torch it is a blue flame, but the tip of the flame you cannot see, it is invisible if you would like it explained as such. So thinking nothing of my morning pyro activities "OOooing and Awwing" over the lights and the flames, I got up out of bed and looked out my window and was enjoying my beautiful view of the delta when I smelt smoke. I whipped my head around and saw my bunk bed was on fire.. in panic I threw myself on the flames and burned my chest, but I did smother the flames out. At this time I ran in a hurry to my sister room grabbed perfume, sprayed it all over my room, and lit incense. Next step was to hide the damage.. Being that the whole side of the sheets and bed was burned, I flipped the mattress so the burn side was not visible. TO say non the less. I lit my room on fire and no one found out till years later when we moved to Utah and the saw the charred mattress side, and asked what happened! Good times! I love you mom and Dad, you put up with a lot from me.

I hope you all enjoyed these four childhood memories of my mischief!

No comments:

Post a Comment