Sunday, October 10, 2010

The Honest Truth (Teenage Years...)

Disclaimer: (The following information is personal and is a sensitive subject.)

EVERYONE,
Once again it might be hard to believe this now, but I wasn't as good then as I am now. I will explain in the following report. Before I continue writing this section of my Blog, I want to let you know that this section is going to tell you the honest truth about my life. I will unfold to you parts of my life that most people don't know about me because I do not talk about it much because it is not who I am anymore. the things that I will talk about in here are true, But coming to a knowledge of Jesus Christ as my personal Redeemer has made me put things aside. "When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things." (1 Corinthians 13:11)

I have always been a restless soul. What I mean by this is I am a thrill seeker, always on the move and looking for the next exciting thing in life. This being said I have tended in my early years to gravitate towards the more... well lets just say the kids who are risk takers. This is how it was when I was a freshmen at Deer Valley High School in Antioch California. I want to clarify... I never had bad intentions to begin with, I just liked living life more on the edge.

The day soon came that My family and I, being my parents, my sister and I, moved to Utah. First let me tell you, I love Utah! It is a beautiful place... Little creepy at first when you realize everyone is white but you adjust quickly. Though Utah's geographic regions being as beautiful as they are... it seemed to me it was not the easiest for a new comer like me and my sister Caitlyn to fit in to the "good" social crowd... nor did I really want to associate myself with people I thought to be stuck up, proud, and self righteous (I wish now I would have tried harder to be friends with those people). In the Alpine/Highland area, which is the Lone Peak High School boundaries it is as Mormon as one can think. The Youth, overgeneralizing of course, seemed to me at that point to not welcome people who were different, did not get as good as grades as they did, not of the same social economic background, or maybe even not as perfect as them. But of course there is a flip-side... there are the Kids who are very excepting of others, who unfortunately tended to be the Kids who were up to NO GOOD, go figure right?

Without going into much detail, I became one of THEM, them being the kids who were more excepting, more loose in their personal values. It seemed fine at first. I was having fun, an occasional sneak out here and there, but still never at this point doing anything really wrong... But soon my very life slipped through my fingers. I became no longer responsive to parental council, or prophetic council either, and soon slipped into substance abuse. It is then that I started fading away from the church and loosing my vital relationship with God.

I am very blessed to have a lot of people who love and care deeply for me, among the most my Mom and my Dad. My parents prayed earnestly to the only source that could give them comfort and could possibly help me, God. I know God answered the prayers of many people when he intervened in my life. My past mistakes finally had caught up to me and God was teaching me a lesson of necessity on how to take responsibility for my actions. The consequences were grave and difficult, and the road tough but it was well worth it in the end. I began to get my life right with the State, the Church, My Family, and most Importantly the Lord my God. The road being tough, I felt the strength of the lord many times lift me above what I was to a a higher plane of reality. I was becoming more like the man my Father in Heaven had foreordained me to become. during this long road the Lord aided me with angels both earthly and heavenly. The earthly angels that strengthened me were my parents, a dear friend Brett Christensen, a girlfriend Aubree Worton, and wise man named Doug Nielsen. These individuals did not know what effect they were having, but I now know what they were sent to do, answer prayers, and bring me back to my Father in Heaven. Through my teenage experience I made a lot of mistakes, I felt a lot of pain, but through it all I was able to learn great lessons and soon felt the greatest joy known to man that can only come through the love of our Lord Jesus Christ, a Gift that was given me through his atoning sacrifice! I love the Lord, And I testify he is KING, SAVIOR, REDEEMER and the SON OF GOD! This teenage experience, my conversion if you will led to the next adventures in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment