Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A GREAT lesson learned from a NAKED dream!

Background: (Note: This All happened in a dream and should not be taken as a respectable source to judge my immortal soul on. I would also like to apologize for some radical parts of the dream, my UNCONSCIOUS seems to get a little crazy when I am not in control!)

"AHaha!!!.. Ahahah!!!. AHhaha!!!,"('Yoda's Laugh' Ringtone) Annoyingly sounds my alarm at 6:30 am this Morning. I hurredly swich off the alarm and go back to bed because I was excited to get back to this dream. Have you ever had that experience where you wake up in the middle of a great dream? and all you want in this earthly world is to some how jump back in that unconscious world and continue that dream that soemtimes seems like a fairy tale? Some People want to continue dreams because they were dreaming about their perfect dream girl or dream man, others so they can get to the end of the story, yet others just don't want to face the reality of the real day ahead of them. Sadly never do we get that chance to jump back on the that dream wagon. Well today I stand before you a miracle to the world and stand in defiance that it takes a certain amount of time to slip back into that REM sleep to dream.. because for some reason, this morning at 6:30 a.m. I Fell immediately back into my dream as if it was never interrupted. Hold on hear we go into my subconscious mind!

Setting: I supposedly was living in this huge indoor and yet unknown to me apartment complex I have never seen before. After hangoing out with random people I go home to my apartment. Finally the familiar faces show up. A lot of my current and former roommates were all in the room, as if we all lived collectively in this apartment. The room was dark, not unusually wierd for the apartments I have Lived in because we love watching movies(some of my roommates more then others ;) So there they sat all my roommates sitting there on this couch, it was one of those quite large L shaped couches, It had to be large because It had a lot of men on the couch. Aaron, Tyler, Pack Attack, and Shaun were all for sure there.

Meat and Potatoes of the Story: So here we all are, All my comrades and I are squished on this couch, all of the sudden the conversation turns boring, at least to me. So I Get up and leave the room. I had decided to take a shower, so the accompanied actions followed. IN order to take a shower one must be naked... It is a REQUIREMENT! So I strip down to.. well nothing. And all of the sudden a thought comes into my head to go streak around the family room where all the bretheren are still stationed in there. SO my legs start moving, I book it in there running around the couch in the dark, naked,.. yes BUTT NAKED! Hollering and yelling and shimming as I go! As things become awkward.. I look for an exit. I see a door, so I bolt into this room with couches. Two of my Roommates Tyler and Pack come In after me... So I Run for the couch and use pillows for cover. Who knows what they were going to do to me, plus I was extremely vulnerable at the time if you know what I mean. After a little teasing they leave.
So, thinking this is all over get up and start walking out of the room(probably to the shower but you know how dreams go sometimes you have no clue) when suddenly I see a dark hooded figure in the door way! He approaches in the light so I can see his face. A complete stranger! Weird I know, as he approaches I Notice he Has GUN, not just any kind of gun but an air soft gun! HE is running at me shooting me with air-soft BB's. Keep In mind still... I am naked so, I got to do something to take this brother down, and to say the least I am not very happy I am being shot at right about this point. So as he comes closer to me a grab his neck with a grip of death and thrust his head down on this coffee table. I told him to apologize to me, he replies "no man I will never apologize to you." Is it just me or does everyone say this at first? So my grip on his neck gets harder, and more seriously and with a lot more power in my voice I now sternly command him to apologize, and of course he does. So I let him go, and asked him what his problem was?

(Ok After this Long crazy story here comes the moral of it.) He then begins to say, "I have one reason why I don't like you." I said "OK fair enough, what is it?" One day we were over at this house playing a game and everyone was discussing options or directions in which the game should go, and you made everyone do what YOU wanted to do!"
At this point I was taken Back, I remembered very clearly what had happened that day, everyone was sitting around, no one was voicing any opinions and something needed to happen so I took charge. My heart sunk for this young man, He had been holding in all this anger since for something that was so small and insignificant, but somehow it seemed so significant to him. I then said to this young man, "Is it really worth it to you to hold in this anger? IS it really worth it to Let your Pride destroy you inside like that? If you wanted to say something to me speak up and say it then. Communication could have solved this whole problem a long time ago. Here I am not effected by what happened that day, never knowing it effected you, and here you are in shambles, and it has torn you up for this whole time." At this Point I notice other people are walking into the room, Boys and girls which is weird because I guess My unconscious forgot I was naked because that is a taboo to be standing having a gospel discussion with someone while you are in the BUFF with onlookers, especially female onlookers right? That is what I thought!)
Then these words graced my lips, "My dear boy, we often focus on trying to overcome our sins in this world, but much harder then trying to overcome these sins is trying to overcome the feelings that you have, Trying to overcome feeling of jealousy, injustice, anger, hatred, and envy. They can poison our very souls, and turn us into animals that we really are not. These feelings will transform good people into creatures that will do the vilest of things. The root to all of these is the father of all sins, PRIDE. Do not allow yourself to be offended at what others do, say, or think. You can not control what they do, but you sure can control what you do, say, and think. It is not worth it, it is not worth loosing your soul. . ." This young man looked up at me, and apologized. We embrace, and I walk out of the room... Who would have known that streaking would have led to that!

Thoughts and Feelings: This morning when I finally did wake up, I actually made my destination to that Hot shower finally. (It was a journey to get there, after dodging bullets and fighting with an angry man) As I stood in that shower my mind could not stop thinking about that message! 1.) How huge conflicts that will happen in the future could be solved by better communication today. 2.) How stupid we as humans can be, that we let little things or even big things get in the way of what matters more. There have been many people in this world who have been divorced, ruined other family relationships between parents, siblings, and children, or have left the church, and or most important those who have cut themselves off from the presence of God and Jesus and have forfeited there birthright. I don't know why I dreamed this, but I know it will forever impact my life as I apply the message it contains. For those of you I have offended and might be carrying a festering infected wound in your heart that is a result a sliver I might have given you years ago, I apologize from the deepest part of my soul. I hope you can forgive me. And I hope you can allow yourself to heal, receive that peace back into your life and everything else that you have been missing! I love you all! And once again I apologize that there was such a weird beginning to this story that I think has great morals.

1 comment:

  1. Dreams are such odd things.....great moral to the story!

    ReplyDelete